IBPS SO Job Profile
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is the department which conducts the selection process of various posts for all public sector banks as well as private sector banks. From this section, the applicants can check the IBPS SO Job Profile as well as career growth. The aspirants who are searching for a good career in banking sector they can apply for the Specialist Officers (Agriculture Field Officer, Marketing Officer, HR Officer, IT Officer, Rajbhasha Adhikari, Law Officer) Scale -I they can get very detailed information from IBPS SO Officer Job Description of various departments from this article. In order to fulfill the number of vacancies of Specialist Officers (SO) in all participated banks across India, the officials of Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) are going to select most skillful officers in certain fields.
The working environment of IBPS Specialist Officer (SO) Job Structure can be better to understand by knowing the major duties and responsibilities as well as career growth in each field of an officer. According to the time-table of recruiting authority of IBPS, is going to conduct IBPS Specialist Officers Exam 2019 for the applicants who are most interested to get their career as Specialist Officers (SO) in banking division across the country. The officials of IBPS has been announced the notification regarding the job vacancies of Specialist Officers (SO) for all the state and central government banks.
You Can Check: IBPS SO Notification
IBPS Specialist Officers (SO) Job Profile – Important Details
|Exam Name||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)- SO exam|
|Conducting Authority||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Name of the Posts||Specialist Officers (Agriculture Field Officer, Marketing Officer, HR Officer, IT Officer, Rajbhasha Adhikari, Law Officer)|
|Total Number of Vacancies||1599|
You Can Also Check: IBPS SO Syllabus
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) SO Job Profile
The Specialist Officer Scale – 1 is essentially a training to manage a job. The freshers are going to keep on training for two years. The IBPS SO Officer work profile is very much similar to the professional bank officer of all public sector banks. The job profile of a Specialist officer is not limited to work in the assigned local area and also responsible for monitoring the work of the employees working in a bank and also recruiting new employees. Also responsible for looking for the bank’s software as well as security issues regarding the bank’s network.
IBPS SO Job Description – Post wise
Here we are providing the complete working environment and major roles and responsibilities of different Specialist Officers (SO) in detailed of IBPS SO Job Profile according to the field wise.
IBPS SO Job Profile – Agriculture Field Officer
- Mainly responsible for the promotion of the rural banking sector by coordinating with various Regional Rural Banks (RRB) as well as National Bank For Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
- Understand the core financial and banking needs of people especially for the farmers and implement the government schemes regarding agriculture and benefit plans to them.
- The Agriculture Field Officer should maintain a good relationship with farmers and guiding them to take agricultural loans, also responsible for ensuring the recovery of the loan from them.
You Can Refer: IBPS SO Previous Papers
IBPS SO Job Profile – Marketing Officer
- Marketing Officer is mainly responsible for marketing as well as advertising and coordinating with agencies of the bank.
- Come up with good marketing ideas for profit as well as sale and creating a good bonding between the people and bank
- Handling various marketing ways like Newspapers, Banners, Digital Marketing and also conducting the promotional events in the malls and centers about the bank.
IBPS SO Job Profile – HR Officer
- Maintaining the database of the employee.
- Continuous evaluation of the performance of the employee.
- Conducting various training programs for the employee for better performance.
- HR Officer is also responsible for preparing and updating the compensation and promotion policies.
IBPS SO Job Profile – IT Officer
- The major role of an IT Officer in Banks is that he is responsible for providing complete support for the banking system.
- Look after Bank software and also responsible for internet banking, mobile banking, ATM’s etc.
- Look after the security of a bank network and avoid cybercrime.
- Manage the technical issues of the bank.
IBPS SO Job Profile – Rajbhasha Adhikari
- The main responsibility of Rajbhasha Adhikari is translating the important documents that are used or circulated in a particular bank.
- Conducting training to the employees on the official language that is used to communicate in that region.
- Make sure that all the important documents that circulated within the bank are in both English and Hindi language because Hindi is the national language.
IBPS SO Job Profile – Law Officer
- Take care of legal documents of the banks and provide assistance in all legal issues of the bank.
- Ensure compliance with Reserve Bank of India (RBI) norms and bank’s engagement in deals is official and legal.
- Represent the bank in case of suits filed.
You Can Download: IBPS SO Admit Card
IBPS SO Job Profile and Career Growth
IBPS Specialist Officers (SO) is completely based on the performance of the officer towards the work and positive feedback from the manager of the bank as well as people who are living surroundings of the bank. Based on performance as well as experience the higher authority of the bank will be getting promoted from scale – 1 to scale – 2 called manager and then scale – 2 to scale – 3 called a senior manager and then scale – 3 to scale – 4 called chief manager, scale – 4 to scale – 5 called assistant general manager, scale – 5 to scale – 6 called deputy general manager and the top promotion is scale – 6 to scale – 7 called general manager.
|Junior Management||Scale – 1 and scale – 2|
|Middle Management||Scale – 3|
|Senior Management||Scale – 4 and Scale – 5|
|Top Management||Scale – 6 and Scale – 7|
You Can Download: IBPS SO Scorecard
Hope the candidates have got the required information about IBPS SO Officer Job Profile from this article. Any queries from this article please leave a comment on the comment box. For more updates about Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) Syllabus, Previous papers, Admit cards, Notifications, Please follow our site www.ibpsguru.in. Thank you.